The educational program Management and organization of public catering production
Master's program (2 years)
Institute of Life Sciences and Biomedicine (School)
Far Eastern Federal University
Entry Requirements: Portfolio Contest (a copy of the diploma of higher education (with attachment); documents confirming specialized additional education; diplomas of winners and laureates of professional competitions, competitions of scientific and design works; diplomas of the winner (prize-winner) of Olympiads received during the period from enrollment in higher education programs, documents confirming individual profile achievements; documents confirming work in scientific laboratories, participation in project groups and other organized forms of scientific and production activities in the profile of the master's program; a motivational essay in which a detailed answer should be given to the question about the goals of obtaining education in the program for which the applicant enters).
Objectives of the educational program:
Provide methodological support for the implementation of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education 3 ++ in this major as well as, develop undergraduates' personal qualities, along with general cultural and professional competencies in accordance with the requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education 3 ++; to provide comprehensive training of highly qualified specialists with fundamental knowledge in the main technological subjects: optimization of technological processes of production, high-tech production for public catering, scientific foundations of molecular cuisine, highly efficient technologies for processing plant raw materials of the Far Eastern region into foods, technologies for long-term storage for public catering , the main economic indicators of activities of public catering enterprises, modern design and reconstruction of public catering enterprises, highly efficient technologies for the processing of marine biological resources in foods, the safety of food raw materials and other food, strategic planning and forecasting of the activities of public catering enterprises; with practical skills in the manufacture, production and quality control of public catering, ready for research work; with the skills of data analysis, critical thinking, strategic management of catering and food industries, etc.
Key subjects of the program:
· Food process design and modelling;
· Food and bioprocess control;
· Advanced food physics;
· Scientific fundamentals of molecular cuisine;
· Research seminar: Exploring the possibility of using high-tech industries in catering products;
· Food tech project;
· Optimization of processing hydrobionts;
· High tech processing of raw materials from the Far East into culinary products;
· Long-term food technology;
· Food safety and hygienic design;
· Personalized catering;
· Catering services management and organization of staff work;
· Assessment of the economic efficiency of public catering enterprises;
· Quality management systems of catering facilities;
· Modern design and reconstruction of catering;
· The basic principles of the catering design;
· Technology of products and organization of special types of food;
· Modern areas of science in food technology;
· Food processing and packaging;
· The main directions of development in the field of technological equipment.
With us, you will learn:
· structure, processing and storage of food in catering industry;
· production of semi-processed food and food products of various purposes for catering establishments;
· planning and organization of work to provide catering services;
· creating a range of products and catering services, taking into account real and projected demand;
· development of the enterprise strategy;
· quality control of food commodities, production processes, finished food products and catering services;
· development of new types of culinary products, technological processes;
· application of innovative technologies in the process of production of new catering food products;
· organizing and conducting quality control of food in catering;
· applying quality systems for catered food products;
· applying quality systems (GMP, HACCP) in the production of catering food products; application of food engineering methodology in the design of recipes and technologies for new catering food products;
· creation of new catering food products using elements of the national cuisine.
Partners scientific and academic: Pacific branch of the Federal State Budget Scientific Institution «Russian Federal Research Institute of Fisheries and oceanography»/ Pacific Branch of FGBNU VNIRO (TINRO).
Industrial partners: restaurant «Zuma», Restaurant «Novik Country Club», RestoMaster LLC, Bakery «Limoncello», LLC «Cafe Equator», LLC «Ratimir», JSC Vladkhleb, LLC Trade house «Primorskiy konditer», Chain of fastfood restaurants «REPUBLIC», Shopping center "Economic management of the regional administration», Restaurant «Sem Futov», LLC Khladokombinat «Polyus» etc.
Partner Universities for Student Exchange: Harbin University of Commerce (China) 哈尔滨商业大学, Tokai University (Japan) 東海大学.
The objects professional activity:
· food products, including specialized, personalized;
· equipment for carrying out technological processes;
· control means of quality control of raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products;
· regulations food production, international standards.
Field of activity and demand for graduates of the program:
· the processing, storage of food raw materials at catering establishments;
· production of semi-finished food products and other products for various purposes for catering establishments;
· control over the efficient operation of catering establishments; quality control and safety of food raw materials and food products; design and reconstruction of catering establishments, culinary workshops for the production of semi-finished food products; scientific research of food products and the development of new high-tech food production.
Graduates have enough knowledge and skills to work in leadership positions or to organize their own business. Fundamental theoretical and practical training, an understanding of the trends and perspectives for the development of public catering ensure the demand for graduates.
Graduates who have mastered the Master's program Management and organization of public catering production can work: in educational institutions of secondary vocational education; as a head (supervisor, manager) of the department (service) of the catering enterprise, as a deputy head of the catering enterprise, as a head of the department of the catering enterprise, as well as a head (director) of the catering enterprise, or a head of the catering network in any region of the country; or open their own catering business.
Key lecturers and experts:
Tatyana A. Ershova, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Food Sciences and Technologies.
Lyudmila V. Lovochkina, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Food Sciences and Technologies.
Marina V. Kiseleva, PhD in Technical Sciences, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Food Science and Technology.
Angela V. Sokolova, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Clinical Medicine.
Svetlana D. Bozhko, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Food Sciences and Technologies.
Natalia U. Chesnokova, PhD in Biological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Food Sciences and Technologies.
Anna N. Chernyshova, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Food Sciences and Technologies.
Lyudmila V. Kushnarenko, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Food Sciences and Technologies.
Program Manager: Tatyana Ershova, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Food Sciences and Technologies
Tel. +7 (423) 265-24-24 ex. 6085, 8 (800) 555-0-888
FEFU Campus 10 Ajax Bay, Russky Island, Vladivostok, Russia, Bilding М25, Office М304
Tel.: 8 (800) 555-0-888