provide undergraduate students with the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. The goal of the program is to encourage students, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience.
A maximum of 8 internship positions will be awarded in 2016.
The programme runs from June 1st to October 31, 2016, and is open to undergraduate students of any nationality who are in their final two years of studies in the Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g. Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Chemistry). The student will be working under the supervision of a group leader or a senior member of the research group.
· Undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research (prior lab experience is highly recommended)
· Two full years (4 semesters) of college course work completed by the time the internship commences
· Candidates may not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2016)
· Candidates may not have previously obtained a “CRG Summer Internship”
· High level of English
Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic records and the motivation & reference letter(s). Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background.
The summer training will consist of 320 working hours (40 hours/ week), distributed over the summer period - (8 weeks) between June 1 and October 31, 2016. The internship start date is left to the discretion of the researchers and the students. The intensive nature of the program requires a full-time commitment from the participant. Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities.
Applications for the CRG Summer Internship Program are accepted exclusively online through our online application system. Candidates must prepare their online application in English.
The application will include the following information:
· The registration form duly completed
· Your most recent academic transcript, which should include the title of the courses you have completed thus far and the grades you received.
· Description of your interest for life sciences research, what you hope to gain through your participation in the CRG Summer Internship Program, your vision of what the summer internship will benefit you on a personal and academic level, and the reasons behind your choice.
· One reference letter. Once you have completed the name and contact details of the referee(s) on the online application system, the referee(s) will receive an automatic email and will be invited to send the reference letter via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified by email each time a new reference letter is received for your file.
· Candidates are encouraged to contact the Group Leader of their choice before submitting the aplication.
All the information must be submitted by the application deadline. Applications received after April 18, 2016 will not be considered.