FEFU Int. Admission Office:
+7 (423) 265 24 24
Far Eastern Federal University, Vladivostok, Russia
BRICS Educational Internship Program is held in conjunction with the Russian 2020 BRICS Presidency. The Program is a semester educational internship organized by the Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU), designed to provide an environment for students from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa to study together in the framework of educational programs that could be evaluated as the most popular and relevant for BRICS. It promotes academic and cultural exchange aimed at intensification of socio-humanitarian cooperation, strengthening dialogue and mutual understanding within BRICS member states.
The Program offers students from BRICS countries to study in FEFU Master/Bachelor degree programs during spring semester (mid-February - June 2020). Studying together, students from five countries will get a chance to discuss the global agenda relevant for BRICS, as well as to explore Russia's foreign policy and its role in BRICS. The official language of the Program is English.
Winners of the Competition will be offered to study as part of one of the following FEFU educational programs:
1. International Relations (Bachelor Program) / Russia in the Asia-Pacific: Politics, Economics, Security (Master Program)
2. General Medicine (Bachelor or Specialist Program) / Improving Healthcare Outcomes in Chronic Diseases (Master Program)
3. Cybersecurity (Master Program)
4. International Business and Project Management (Master Program)
5. Aquatic Biological Research (Master Program)
The competition implies selecting 100 students from Brazilian, Indian, Chinese and South African universities (25 people from each country) to take part in the Internship Program. FEFU will reimburse travel expenses (round trip to Vladivostok, Russia; economy class, limits imply) and waive the accommodation fee (double rooms in FEFU campus dormitories), as well as tuition fee. Participants are responsible for covering their visa and medical insurance expenses, meals while attending the Program and other expenses.
Reimbursements will be distributed upon participants’ arrival to Vladivostok and will be paid in Russian rubles. Please note, that travel expenses cannot be reimbursed in case of cancelling attendance. Travel expenses are reimbursed up to established maximums. Despite the reimbursement amounts are assumed to be sufficient for traveling, the Organizing Committee of the Program recognizes that in some cases they may not fully cover all travel costs.
Requirements to applicants
· Citizenship and current state of residence: Brazil, India, China and South Africa
· Status: master (1st year) or bachelor (3rd year) students;
· Interest in BRICS studies;
· English language level: upper intermediate
· Enrolled in the university, which has MoU and Student Exchange Agreement with FEFU
After results’ announcement winners of Competition are responsible to promptly communicate with FEFU representatives on organizational matters. They are also required to follow deadlines and instructions from FEFU concerning application for Russian visa and other important issues.
In order to take part in the Competition participants need to fill in online Application form, attaching:
· Scan of passport (main page indicating your name and photo);
· Portrait photo against a white background;
· Academic transcript properly verified by home university;
· CV (in English, not exceeding 2 pages);
· Link to a video message (in English), describing why they should be selected and how they will use experience gained at FEFU Internship Programme to further contribute to development of BRICS at their local levels;
· Two letters of recommendation signed and stamped by university representatives (in English, each not exceeding 2 pages).
Link to the Application form will be provided to BRICS Educational Internship Programme partner universities. Competition application deadline is October 15, 2019. The winners will be contacted by FEFU representatives no later than December, 1.
Organizing Committee of the Programme: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Far Eastern Federal University: www.dvfu.ru.