FEFU is establishing large scientific and educational centers (clusters) to accomplish complex scientific and research projects answering needs of the whole region.
1. Within the World Ocean Resources and Power Resources and Energy Efficient Technologies, Interaction of Russia and the Countries of the Pacific Rim priority areas
, FEFU develops research in hydraulic engineering and exploitation, and alternate energy sources
. This research is focused on engineering and construction issues of World Ocean shelf resource exploitation for application by RusHydro Public Corporation.
2. Within the World Ocean Resources, Interaction of Russia and the Countries of the Pacific Rim, and Biomedicine priority areas
, FEFU develops research in new pharmaceuticals and nutritional supplement production, and new nutritional products of World Ocean resources
where the University targets markets of the Asian-Pacific Region.
3. Within the Power Resources and Energy Efficient Technologies and the Industry of Nano-systems and Nano-materials priority areas
, the University focuses on issues of metal technology and new materials production
. In this cluster, contemporary centers of advanced metal technology, alloys, welding, usage and treatment of new composite materials, and automation of corresponding production will be established. This research is concentrated on engineering and construction issues meeting the interests of Rostech Corporation, the United Shipbuilding Corporation, and the United Aircraft Industry Corporation.
FEFU begins two prominent projects in accordance with a Resolution of the Russian Federation Government, for a federally funded program of the development of Russian higher educational institutions and organizations providing complex high-tech production projects:
- Development of high-tech production of polymeric composite helicopter components for Progress Arsenyev Aviation Company (the Primorsky Department of the Rostech Corporation)
- Enhanced protective coating technologies for aquatic equipment that are ecologically safe for Zvezda Far East Factory, a Department of the United Shipbuilding Corporation
Production facilities of Progress and Zvezda are the largest and most famous high tech industries of Primorsky State.
The University has also embarked on establishment of the Production Technologies and Metal Cutting Tools Reconstruction Laboratory employing nano-structuralized coverings.
4. Within the Power Resources and Energy Efficient Technologies, Interaction of Russia and the Asia-Pacific Countries, and Biomedicine priority areas
, FEFU develops research in nuclear technologies, radiation and ecological safety, and nuclear medicine
. In this cluster, FEFU is creating a research and education center with expertise of the following areas:
- Radiochemistry and radio analytic control to develop technologies of radioactive and nuclear waste treatment, and develop new technologies to prevent pollution by and amelioration of the consequences of radiation emergencies;
- Simulation of pollutant dispersion processes and formation of an expert team to mathematically model, predict, analyze, and estimate the consequences of a radiation emergency;
Nuclear safety and technology development to mathematically model, predict, analyze, and estimate the consequences of a nuclear reactor emergency, and to train and certify specialists for the atomic energy industry;
Nuclear medicine to develop and introduce into practice new technologies employing heavy ion acceleration, and provide society with oncological treatment and prevention;
Development and industrial production of special plant-based and aquatic-based remedies to reduce the dangerous influence of radionuclides on personnel working with radiation equipment and radioactive substances;
Development of radiation waste purification systems employing biopolymer compounds of aquatic organisms;
Development and industrial production of construction materials (coatings, protectors, ingredients, catalysts, etc.) for highly reliable equipment to extend its operating life in extreme environmental and climatic conditions.
These activities focus on engineering and construction issues and interests of Rosatom State Corporation and Ministry of Emergency Situations, Russia.
5. Within Power Resources and Energy Efficient Technologies priority area
, FEFU develops research in petroleum chemistry
focused on engineering and construction issues and interests of Rosneft Public Corporation and Transneft Public Corporation.
This strategy includes involving partner enterprises as supervisors of innovative student projects and a large contribution by the largest employers to development of educational programs answering their needs.