FEFU Int. Admission Office:
+7 (423) 265 24 24
Pharmacology, clinical pharmacology (14.03.06).
Level of English language proficiency: Fluent.
list of research projects:
“Preclinical studies of the PAI- inhibitor purposed for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease”, Head
Development of active agents from marine sources affecting the central nervous system for the improvement of cognitive function under the stressful conditions”, Head
Development of the pharmacological agents from polyunsaturated fatty acids for correction of the cognitive dysfunctions in a patient with organic brain disorders”, PI
Development of the modern drug delivery systems based on the non-starch biopolymer and stem cell technologies, Head
Discovery of the new antitumor agent from the prototypes of marine origin
Drug delivery system based on the natural and modified biopolymers
New pharmacological agents affecting the central nervous system for the treatment and prevention of cognitive dysfunctions
Experimental pharmacology and drug development
Supervisor’s research interests:
drug development, pharmacokinetics and preclinical trials of the pharmacologically active compounds derived from the natural sources.
Main areas of the research projects: Environmental pharmacology, Neuropharmacology, Antitumor drugs.
Supervisor’s specific requirements:
· ability to work with laboratory animals.
Supervisor’s main publications: 61 total
· Jan JS, Yang CH, Wang MH, Lin FL, Yen JL, Hsieh I, Khotimchenko M, Lee TH, Hsiao G. Hirsutanol A Attenuates Lipopolysaccharide-Mediated Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 Expression and Cytokines Production and Improves Endotoxemia-Induced Acute Sickness Behavior and Acute Lung Injury. Mar Drugs. 2019, 17;17(6):360.
· Khotimchenko M. Pectin polymers for colon-targeted antitumor drug delivery. Int J Biol Macromol. 2020, 5:S0141-8130(20)33147-0.
· Tyrtyshnaia AA, Lysenko LV, Madamba F, Manzhulo IV, Khotimchenko MY, Kleschevnikov AM.
· Acute neuroinflammation provokes intracellular acidification in mouse hippocampus. J Neuroinflammation. 2016, ;13(1):283.
· Bryukhovetskiy I, Lyakhova I, Mischenko P, Milkina E, Zaitsev S, Khotimchenko Y, Bryukhovetskiy A, Polevshchikov A, Kudryavtsev I, Khotimchenko M, Zhidkov M. Alkaloids of fascaplysin are effective conventional chemotherapeutic drugs, inhibiting the proliferation of C6 glioma cells and causing their death in vitro. Oncol Lett. 2017, 13(2):738-746.
· Khotimchenko M, Makarova K, Khozhaenko E, Kovalev V. Lead-binding capacity of calcium pectates with different molecular weight. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017; 97:526-535.
Results of intellectual activity:
Patent № 2375377 RF. Method for calcium pectate synthesis. / Kovalev V.V., Khotimchenko M.Y., Khotimchenko Y.S. Published in 10.12.2009. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/88/2375377/patent-2375377.pdf
Patent № 2395525 RF. Method for calcium alginate synthesis. / Kovalev V.V., Khotimchenko M.Y., Khotimchenko Y.S. Published in 27.07.2010. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/67/2395525/patent-2395525.pdf
Patent # RU 2441024. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko, E.A.Kolenchenko. 07/21/2010. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/17/2441024/patent-2441024.pdf
Patent # RU 2441025. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko, E.A.Kolenchenko. 07/21/2010. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/17/2441025/patent-2441025.pdf
Patent # RU 2478649. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko. 09/01/2011. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/469/2478649/patent-2478649.pdf
Patent # RU 2478650. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko. 09/01/2011. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/469/2478650/patent-2478650.pdf