FEFU Int. Admission Office:
+7 (423) 265 24 24
Pharmacology, clinical pharmacology (14.03.06).
Level of English language proficiency: Upper-Intermediate.
list of research projects:
Ministry of Education and Science. State contract No. 16.512.11.2206 "Development of methods for obtaining low molecular weight pectins with resorptive properties and intended for use as a basis for pharmacological protection against the action of radionuclides and toxic metals" (2011). The head.
Ministry of Education and Science. State Contract No. 16.512.11.2178 "Development of biopolymer composite matrix materials for use in reconstructive tissue therapy of injuries of the nervous system and the creation of pharmaceutical substances that suppress neuropathic pain syndrome" (2011-2012). The head.
Ministry of Education and Science. Agreement No. 8064. "Development of methods for the treatment and prevention of damage by radionuclides and toxic metals using low molecular weight non-starch polysaccharides" (2012-2013). The head.
Russian Science Foundation. Direction number 3 "Development of innovative drugs and functional food products" of the comprehensive scientific program of the Far Eastern Federal University "Technologies for monitoring and rational use of marine biological resources." Agreement No. 14-50-00034 (RSF), 2014-2018, head of direction No. 3. The head.
RSF project “Development of methods for personalized cell therapy of glial brain tumors based on oncoproteomics technologies, Agreement No. 14-15-00084 (2014-2016). The head.
Ministry of Education and Science. Project "Development of a biomedical preparation of hematopoietic stem cells for personalized proteome-based therapy of brain tumors." Agreement No. 14.575.21.0038 FTP "Research and development in priority areas of development of the scientific and technological complex of Russia for 2014-2020" (2014-2016). The head.
Antiglioma activity of marine bioactive compounds;
anti-cancer activity and mechanisms of action of marine alkaloids; mechanisms of antiproliferative activity of carrageenans; pharmacological regulation of cancer stem cells of glioblastoma.
Pharmacology of natural compounds
Supervisor’s research interests: drug development, pharmacokinetics and preclinical trials of the pharmacologically active compounds derived from the natural sources. Main areas of the research projects: Environmental pharmacology, Neuropharmacology, Antitumor drugs.
Supervisor’s specific requirements:
· Knowledge of human physiology, biochemistry
· Ability to work with laboratory animals
Supervisor’s main publications:
WoS -15 publications:
· Khotimchenko Y. Pharmacological Potential of Sea Cucumbers. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2018, 19, Paper Number 1342.
· Katanaev V.L., Falco S.D., Khotimchenko Y. The anticancer drug discovery potential of marine invertebrates from russian pacific. Marine Drugs 2019, 17(8): Paper Number 474.
· Lyakhova, I., Piatkova, M., Khotimchenko, Y., Zhidkov, M., Kantemirov, A., Khotimchenko, R., Bryukhovetskiy, A., Sharma, A., Sharma, H.S., Bryukhovetskiy, I. 3-Bromofascaplysin is a prospective chemical compound for developing new chemotherapy agents in glioblastoma treatment. International Review of Neurobiology, 2020, 151, 325-43.
· Lyakhova, I., Piatkova, M., Gulaia, V., Romanishin, A., Shmelev, M., Bryukhovetskiy, A., Sharma, A., Sharma, H.S., Khotimchenko, R., Bryukhovetskiy, I. Alkaloids of fascaplysin are promising chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of glioblastoma: Review. International Review of Neurobiology, 2020, 151, 299-324.
· Khotimchenko, M., Tiasto, V., Kalitnik, A., Begun, M., Khotimchenko, R., Leonteva, E., Bryukhovetskiy, I., Khotimchenko, |Y. Antitumor potential of carrageenans from marine red algae. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2020, 246, Paper Number 116568.
Results of intellectual activity:
Holds more than 20 patents of the Russian Federation.
Patent № 2375377 RF. Method for calcium pectate synthesis. / Kovalev V.V., Khotimchenko M.Y., Khotimchenko Y.S. Published in 10.12.2009. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/88/2375377/patent-2375377.pdf
Patent № 2395525 RF. Method for calcium alginate synthesis. / Kovalev V.V., Khotimchenko M.Y., Khotimchenko Y.S. Published in 27.07.2010. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/67/2395525/patent-2395525.pdf
Patent # RU 2441024. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko, E.A.Kolenchenko. 07/21/2010. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/17/2441024/patent-2441024.pdf
Patent # RU 2441025. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko, E.A.Kolenchenko. 07/21/2010. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/17/2441025/patent-2441025.pdf
Patent # RU 2478649. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko. 09/01/2011. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/469/2478649/patent-2478649.pdf
Patent # RU 2478650. Method of the manufacturing of low-molecular pectin / V.V.Kovalev, M.Y.Khotimchenko, Y.S. Khotimchenko. 09/01/2011. http://www.freepatent.ru/images/patents/469/2478650/patent-2478650.pdf